THIRD ANNUAL NET RMA Linda Thomas Safe Driving Scholarship
In an effort to promote safe driving practices to Northeast Texas high school students and the community, NET RMA is for the third year providing the Linda Thomas Safe Driving Scholarship to award ten eligible students $1,000 each for college expenses, totaling $10,000. The winners are selected based on essays and academic and extracurricular achievements. The deadline for applications is Friday, March 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Graduating high school seniors who have been accepted into a 2- or 4-year/university or accredited trade school and will be enrolled full-time by the Fall 2023.
- Eligible students must also reside within NET RMA’s 14 counties: Bowie, Camp, Cass, Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Kaufman, Panola, Rusk, Smith, Titus, Upshur, Wood and Van Zandt.
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, room and board or for other items required by your college/university/trade school. If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be provided with instructions and a disbursement form to claim your scholarship.
- Scholarship application opens on Wednesday, January 25 at 8 a.m. CT.
- Scholarship application process closes on Friday, March 31 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
- Applications will be reviewed by NET RMA Scholarship Committee in early April 2023.
- Winners will be announced by Friday, April 14, 2023.
- Awards ceremony details will be determined by mid to late April 2023.