Building any road – whether toll or “free” – requires taking steps to protect the environment. As a local agency, the NET RMA recognizes the importance of protecting the natural resources that are unique to northeast Texas. The NET RMA will work closely with environmental groups, neighborhood residents, and all interested stakeholders to ensure projects are developed in a manner that is consistent with community needs and desires. This type of environmental study takes time.
The time line for each segment will be different depending on the potential impacts to the environment. Dividing the corridor into segments can reduce the time of these studies. A single segment environmental study could take as long as 10 years or as little as 3 years.
Future funding sources for the environmental process, ROW procurement, and construction have not been identified.
- It will allow for faster completion.
- The revenue generated from the toll will stay in our local area.
- It will allow for more of our local tax dollars to go to other projects.
Toll bills are part of the Pay By Mail program. Cameras on the toll road take a picture of a vehicle’s license plates, and that information is used to identify the registered owner of the vehicle. A toll bill is then sent to the registered owner’s address.
Pay By Mail customers have 30 days to pay their bill either in person, via check, online or over the phone.
- Your tag may not be properly installed on your vehicle
- Your license plate is not listed on your account or linked to your tag
- You may need to add money to your account
- Your license plate may need to be updated
- Your tag could be inactive
- You could have a metallic oxide windshield which prohibits the tag from working properly
- There is some other problem with your tag account
In order to avoid penalties, you should make a payment on the bill received and contact your toll tag’s customer service center to correct the cause of the problem.
- Texas Tollways (TxTag) 1-888-468-9824
- North Texas Tollway Authority (TollTag) 1-877-991-0033
- Harris County Toll Road Authority (EZ TAG) 1-281-875-EASY (3279)
Toll bills issued by MSB are received because a vehicle registered in your name used a North East Texas Regional Mobility Authority (NET RMA) facility without a valid TxTag, TollTag or EZ Tag. The NETRMA operates Toll 49.
Toll collection on Toll 49 recently transitioned from Texas Tollways to the NET RMA. During this transitional period, some customers may receive bills from both Texas Tollways and Municipal Services Bureau (MSB). Please be aware that payments made to Texas Tollways will not resolve outstanding payment with MSB and vice versa. If you received a toll bill from Texas Tollways, please contact them at 1-888-468-9824.
MSB is not affiliated with TxTag, TollTag or EZ Tag, and payments made to these accounts cannot be applied to toll bills issued by Municipal Services Bureau.
Click here to view the toll bill and fee schedule.
Follow the links below to get more information about other payment methods
- You were no longer the legal owner of the vehicle at the time it was on the toll road, or
- The vehicle was leased or rented to another entity at the time it was on the toll road, or
- The vehicle was stolen prior to its use of the toll road.
To qualify for one of these exemptions, you must submit written proof that the vehicle was not legally under your ownership or control at the time the vehicle was on the toll road. This can be accomplished by mailing a copy of your toll bill along with one of the following documents to us:
- A copy of the Texas Motor Vehicle Transfer Notification Form confirming sale or transfer of your vehicle to another owner;
- A copy of the rental or lease agreement, which includes the name and address of the party responsible for the car at the time the toll charges were incurred;
- A copy of the police report showing your vehicle was reported stolen prior to the time the toll charges were incurred.
If you believe your bill was issued in error, contact Municipal Services Bureau to request a review of your account.
- Visit www.TxTag.org
- Call 1-888-468-9824
- Visit the TxTag Customer Service Center at 12719 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78727
- If you have questions about your TxTag account or would like to open one, please contact the TxTag Customer Service Center at 1-888-Go-TxTag (1-888-468-9824). You can also visit them online at www.txtag.org for more information.
Cameras on the toll road will take a picture of your license plate, and that information will be used to identify the registered owner of the vehicle. A bill for the tolls is then sent to you in the mail
Pay By Mail customers have 30 days to pay their bill either in person, via check, online or over the phone. Pay By Mail customers are charged a $1 processing fee. .
Failure to pay a toll bill can result in additional fees and court fines. If you let other people drive your car, be advised that under Texas law you are responsible for any tolls incurred.
Sources: Texas Department of Transportation: Toll 49, A Path to our Future TxTag.org