Nathan Priefert is Executive Vice President of Priefert Mfg. Co., Inc., a ranch equipment manufacturing and steel processing company in Mt. Pleasant, Texas. Nate has worked at Priefert since 1992, working through high school and college and then taking a strong leadership role in the company (of approximately 1,000 employees).
Nate is a 2001 graduate of Le Tourneau University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. He received his Masters of Business Administration degree in 2006 from Le Tourneau.
Nate and his wife, Bailey, have three daughters, Montgomery, McCall and McCoy.
Board Member Spotlight
What’s your favorite mode of transportation, and why?
• I enjoy flying mainly because it gets you from one point to the other faster and you don’t need to worry about traffic.
Are there any transportation projects that you’re particularly proud of?
• Yes, I’m particularly interested in the Gilmer Loop. It’s a quick and efficient way to get around Gilmer on 271. I think it’s something that really helps improve the area.
Is there an upcoming project that you’re especially excited for?
• I’m excited to see the continued advancement of I-69. It is a project of great importance for East Texas.
What do you enjoy most about being a board member?
• I like getting to know what projects are ongoing in the region. I also like to be able to volunteer my time in service to the community. I’m glad to be a part of a group that is working towards improving the East Texas region.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
• I do a lot of big game hunting. About every year, we go to Montana to camp and hunt bear, elk and mule-deer. It’s something I always look forward to.