Linda Ryan Thomas
Term Expires: 2/1/18
Linda Ryan Thomas earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of Texas at Austin. A resident of Longview, she has served as a Board Member on the East Texas Communities Foundation, Development Councils, University of Texas at Tyler and Longview University Center and UT Health Science Center, Good Shepherd Medical Center Foundation, and the East Texas Area Boy Scouts of America Foundation. Linda Ryan Thomas is a General Partner at Butter Ryan Partners, Ltd., and currently serves as Chair of the North East Texas Regional Mobility Authority (NET RMA).
Mrs. Thomas is Past President of the Longview Rotary Club, Greater Longview United Way, and Longview Economic Development Corporation, Past President of the Junior League of Longview and Vice Chair and member of the Board of Trustees for Good Shepherd Medical Center. In addition, Mrs. Thomas presently serves as Treasurer of the GSMC Foundation Board, serves on the Liberal Arts Council UT Austin, Kilgore College Foundation and is on the Cowan Center Advisory Board UT Tyler.
Board Member Spotlight
What’s your favorite mode of transportation, and why?
• I enjoy the automobile. It’s flexible and has really opened up all parts of the country and connected them in a way that improved the country.
Are there any transportation projects that you’re particularly proud of?
• I am proud of the work that went into developing Toll 49. It takes a lot of effort, strategy and planning to create a road and it all paid off to see it serve East Texans in such a positive way. I am also proud of the work our Board does with Priority Projects. Putting funds back into our member counties to help support transportation projects is a great way to further improve this region.
Is there an upcoming project that you’re especially excited for?
• I am looking forward to the continuation of the Hourglass project that is working to expand the I-69 corridor. It will help connect different Texas regions to one another and further improve Texas infrastructure as a whole.
What do you enjoy most about being a board member?
• I enjoy getting to meet and interact with all of our board members and learning more about their counties. I also enjoy expanding transportation throughout the region.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
• I enjoy community service. As the NET RMA Board Chair, I’m given the opportunity to serve the North East Texas Region in a unique way. Transportation is a vital piece in the growth and success of a region and I’m honored to be a part of that growth.