Term Expires: 2/2018
Dan Droege is a 1985 graduate of Central Missouri State University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance & Banking. He is also a graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School at the University of Oklahoma and The Southwestern Graduate School of Banking at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
Mr. Droege is Market President of First Bank & Trust East Texas in Longview, Texas. He has 32 years of experience in the banking industry.
He is currently serving as the Chairman of the Great Texas Balloon Race, Secretary/Treasurer of The City of Longview Cultural Education Facilities Finance Corporation, Treasurer of 100 Acres of Heritage Main Street Board, LeTourneau University President’s Advisory Council and is a member of the Texas Bankers Association, Independent Bankers Association of Texas, East Texas Builders Association, Longview Chamber of Commerce and the Sooners Parents Association.
Mr. Droege was previously a President of the Longview Economic Development Corporation and the Spring Hill ISD Board of Trustees. He has been on many non-profit boards including The Salvation Army, PALS Foundation Board, Longview Beautification Association, Greater Longview United Way, The American Heart Association and the Daybreak Kiwanis.
Dan and his wife, Kim, live in Longview and have one son, Dylan, who is graduating from The University of Oklahoma in May 2016 and starts Dental School at OU in June 2016.
Board Member Spotlight
What’s your favorite mode of transportation, and why?
• My favorite mode of transportation is the automobile. I have always been a fan of cars. In fact, I still have my first car, a candy apple red 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. I have owned this car for 42 years (pictured below)!
Are there any transportation projects that you’re particularly proud of?
• I am very proud of the funding that NET RMA provided for Gregg County in Longview at the intersection of Hwy 259 and Hawkins Parkway. The road had a terrible dip as you crossed 259 and cars were always bottoming out or coming to a complete stop and holding up traffic. With the funding that NET RMA gave to the county, they were able to improve one of Longview’s busiest intersections
Is there an upcoming project that you’re especially excited for?
• I’m excited about the possible loop around Gilmer, Texas. The traffic in Gilmer can get bad; if a loop is created around Gilmer, it will reroute a lot of the truck traffic around town. This should also save on the maintenance of their city streets by having more traffic go around town versus driving through town.
What do you enjoy most about being a board member?
• I really have enjoyed getting to know everyone from the Board from the different counties represented. I am very proud to represent Gregg County. Also, the process of building a toll road has been very enlightening and it’s amazing at how much it really costs to build a road and to maintain it.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
• Golf is definitely my favorite hobby. I have an awesome group of friends that golf every Saturday morning. We take an annual golf trip in the fall to Scottsdale, Arizona, and an annual spring trip to Alabama to play on the Robert Trent Jones golf courses.