Mr. Cory J. Floyd currently works as an attorney at Norton, Wood, and Floyd. A Corpus Christi native, he has lived in Texarkana, TX for 16 years.
Cory received his B.B.A, in Accounting from Stephen F. Austin State University, and his Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law.
He currently practices in the state and federal courts of Texas , Arkansas and Oklahoma as well as before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Cory is past treasurer and chairperson of the Texarkana Chamber of Commerce, and is Bowie County’s appointee to NET RMA. He is a director for the Alliance for I-69 Texas, Transportation Advocates of Texas, and is an elected Executive Council member of the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas.
Cory is married to Summer Floyd with one daughter Elle and one son Colin.
Board Member Spotlight
What’s your favorite mode of transportation, and why?
• Sailboat, always a sailboat; however because the North East Texas Regional Mobility Authority probably won’t involve wind power for the foreseeable future, I have to say that I prefer car transportation when I can travel with my wife and children.
Are there any transportation projects that you’re particularly proud of?
• Yes, the completion of a segment of I-369/69 in Texarkana. I’m very proud of this milestone and look forward to additional segment completion in East Texas.
Is there an upcoming project that you’re especially excited for?
• I-369/69 between Marshall and Texarkana are high priorities in my book. With the completion of each segment and the help of TxDOT, we are closer now than ever to having interstate connectivity between my hometown and all of Southeast and South Texas.
What do you enjoy most about being a board member?
• I’m a new board member, so my experience is limited but so far I have enjoyed meeting the representatives from the other counties and working with the staff to learn more about the NET RMA. Everyone has been very polite and helpful.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
• I coach two soccer teams (my son and daughter’s teams) and truly enjoy interacting with them and their teammates and learning life lessons through competition.