Term Expires: 2/1/2020
Chet Clayton is the President and CEO of First State Bank of Ben Wheeler. Chet attended Texas A&M University where he received his degree in Agricultural Economics in 2000. Upon graduation he returned to East Texas to join the Bank. First State Bank is a family owned financial institution located in Van Zandt County since 1911.
Board Member Spotlight
What’s your favorite mode of transportation, and why?
• I really prefer driving a boat over all other means of transportation, although I have a fear of going on a cruise.
Are there any transportation projects that you’re particularly proud of?
• I am proud of all the developments in East Texas. With the growth we are seeing, it is really positive to be ahead of the new wave of commuters.
Is there an upcoming project that you’re especially excited for?
• I am looking forward to being able to devote time to projects outside of just focusing on Toll 49 construction, whatever they may be.
What do you enjoy most about being a board member?
• I enjoy the forward thinking attitude of the board. Being able to work with some of the brightest people in the region has been a fun challenge.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
• I really love to snow ski. Can we work on an express lane to the mountains next?