Chair of the Construction and Maintenance Committee
A native of Nacogdoches, Mr. Fulmer earned a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Agricultural Economics from Texas A&M University in 1974.
Barham Fulmer retired as Senior Vice President of Southside Bank and Branch Manager of the Lindale Branch. He has worked in the banking industry for 39 years.
He has served as Vice Chairman of the Texas Teacher’s Retirement Board of Trustees, Chairman of the Tyler Economic Development Council, and President of both the Nacogdoches and Lindale Chambers of Commerce. He currently serves as Chair of the Lindale Economic Development Corporation and Past President of the Hideaway Lake Kiwanis Club.
Barham and his wife, Linda, have two children and four grandchildren and reside at Hideaway Lake.
Board Member Spotlight
What’s your favorite mode of transportation, and why?
• Automobile, specifically an SUV. I love see the country side and visiting new places. I am also looking forward to a new experience by rail as my wife and I take a Christmas vacation to Germany and England. Believe it or not, I have never ridden on a train.
Are there any transportation projects that you’re particularly proud of?
• I have been involved, in various capacities from the Chamber of Commerce, Tyler Economic Development Council and now the NET RMA , in the development and construction of Toll 49 since 1985. It has been a real game changer for transportation in East Texas. I am proud to have been a part of that.
Is there an upcoming project that you’re especially excited for?
• I watch with anticipation as we continue the studies on the eastern portion of Toll 49 which will serve as the next leg of the East Texas Hourglass that will eventually make a new regional transportation connection for nearly all of East Texas.
What do you enjoy most about being a board member?
• I enjoy being part of an organization that is truly making a difference in our future and the future of all of East Texas.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
• Strangely enough, my favorite hobby is community and church involvement. I am an active member of the Tyler Economic Development Council, the Lindale and Tyler Chambers of Commerce, the Lindale TIF Board, the Lake Kiwanis Club, the Smith County Tax Abatement Committee, the NET RMA, and am an adult Sunday School teacher and Board President of the Hideaway Lake Community Church.