Term Expires: 2/1/2019
Andrea Williams-McCoy, a native Texan, grew up in Texarkana, Texas.
She has been active in Republican campaigns and conservative causes at the local, state, and federal level for more than 2 decades. Andrea has also worked for the Texas Legislature in various capacities, with extensive public policy work in the areas of transportation, water, environmental regulation, and homeland security and public safety.
She currently works for Ward Timber, LTD. as their Governmental & Public Relations Director.
Andrea has been an active member of the Lone Star Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution for many years, promoting the missions of historic preservation, conservation, education, and patriotism. She currently serves on their Executive Board and as a delegate to both state and national conventions. In addition to DAR, Andrea also currently serves on the Grievance Committee for the State Bar of Texas.
Andrea earned an undergraduate degree in Public Administration from Texas A&M-Texarkana.
She is married and has one son, Atticus, who currently attends Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas.
Board Member Spotlight
What’s your favorite mode of transportation, and why?
• If there’s great weather, my favorite mode of transportation would be traveling via convertible. For long distances, I still love riding via train.
Are there any transportation projects that you’re particularly proud of?
• Yes, the highway 82 expansion project that was successfully completed in Bowie County is a project that I am proud of.
Is there an upcoming project that you’re especially excited for?
• The continued advancement of I69 is a project that is especially important to me.
What do you enjoy most about being a board member?
• I’m grateful to have the opportunity to work on meaningful public policy that will be impactful for generations to come.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
• I love beekeeping. Throughout different periods of my life, my family has raised bees recreationally. Bees are a fascinating species that play a very powerful role in agriculture and the environment.